• Naja Kaouthia
    link
    fedilink
    2810 days ago

    Lately, the packages of Impossible have been about the same price as ground beef so I’ve been buying that and no one in the house seems to have caught on yet.

  • downpunxx
    link
    fedilink
    -2610 days ago

    Beef tastes great, Petroleum products on the other hand, do not, go after oil, leave my steaks alone, great, tnx, bi

    • @silence7OPM
      link
      2510 days ago

      Unfortunately, it’s going to take both. Methane from cattle is a big enough deal that it matters.

      • @vividspecter@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        810 days ago

        And also that it’s absurdly inefficient in terms of CO2 emissions to grow crops just to feed these animals, rather than eat the crops directly.

        • @jeffw@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          4
          edit-2
          10 days ago

          nOt AlL oF tHaT lAnD iS sUiTaBlE fOr HuMaN fOoD

          Because god forbid we eat soy or something ig?

      • downpunxx
        link
        fedilink
        -1710 days ago

        so says you, i say, we go after the fossil fuels, then the chemical product polluters and THEN see where we are with the methane. 14.5% of all emissions isn’t nothing, but it aint the other 85.5% i say we tackle first. *** pirouette, and scene***

        • @silence7OPM
          link
          24
          edit-2
          10 days ago

          We should be tackling all of it. At once. Not picking and choosing. Because we need to get to zero. Fast.

        • @vividspecter@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          7
          edit-2
          10 days ago

          Methane is worse in the short to medium term, so if anything we should be hitting it first. But as the other commenter suggested, it needs to be a full court press of tackling agriculture, electricity, manufacturing, transport, and efficiency all at once if he want to prevent even more severe damage to climate.

    • @exocrinous@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      English
      610 days ago

      I’ll leave your steaks alone if you leave the cows alone. I’m sure we can all get along without any sort of violence, harsh words, or forcing our preferences onto others.

    • JackGreenEarth
      link
      fedilink
      English
      39 days ago

      Being climate friendly is not the main reason to not inflict suffering on cows, having a moral compass is.

    • @iiGxC
      link
      18 days ago

      When you get used to opressing others, justice feels like you’re being oppressed. Leave the cows the fuck alone, you ever heard of “live and let live”?